Problem with Windows Hello in the Firefox extension

Note: Your question may already be answered in the Bitwarden Help Center.

Hello,
Since the Firefox 89 update, I can’t unlock the Bitwarden extension with the fingerprint sensor. However, I have done everything necessary. The browser integration is enabled in the desktop application.
For your information, everything works correctly with Brave but not with Firefox…

Sincerely
Looking forward to your feedback!
Arnaud

2 Likes

Try this:

2 Likes

I’ve tried everything but it doesn’t work. It’s as if the extension is not connected to the desktop application.
Sans ti

It works for me. The Bitwarden desktop app must be open. Then, when you select Login With Biometric in the extension, the fingerprint screen will pop up and you’ll then scan your fingerprint. At least that’s how it works for me.

1 Like

Yes, that’s exactly what I did. But I’m doing everything right since it works normally on Brave. The problem is with Firefox so I don’t know if you have a solution?

I’m using Firefox also. Not sure what but there’s probably a setting that’s not right. Check your Firefox settings.

Just checking, but have you taken the step to allow your Addons to Allow access to file URLs?

You will need to go to your Addon manager in Firefox and remember to enable that option to allow for the communication between the Desktop and the Browser Addon.

I had the same problem and I think that I already did that, but now it worked for me. Thank you!

Hi falconm11

I was wondering if you could tell me where to locate this setting… I have been to Firefox Settings and Manage Add-on and can’t see it anywhere.

Thanks

gecko

I found it. And it hasn’t helped… It still remains locked after a successful fingerprint scan… :frowning:

Thanks COLA Social Security for helping.