Private and business account

Feature name

Dual login / separate business / any way of separating a private account and a business account.

Feature function

• Currently, Bitwarden does a good job of allowing users to have multiple accounts (tied to separate user names and mail addresses) in the browser extension (for example using Brave / Chrome profiles), and in the browser (separate sessions). However, in the installed app on mobile, there is no feature to access multiple accounts, switch between them, or in some other way manage two accounts.

• The benefit of being able to manage two accounts is that we can ask users to set up a business account and have them yield control of it if they ever leave the business. Also, it means that they can provide access to the account to an IT admin without having to expose personal passwords, credit card details, etc.

My company is considering recommending BitWarden to all its employees, or even requiring its use (probably with an enterprise subscription), but currently that would mean asking some users that use it privately to replace their private vaults with business accounts - which they (understandably) object to.

Having the mobile app available for business passwords is essential, due to the nature of the work our staff do, which means they often operate in the field, without access to an online PC but with the need to access secured equipment.