Leaping off what was discussed in this feature request: 🚧 Account Switching - #8 by wvanos
It would be great to see an implementation of policy-based password ownership for organizations. For example,
- Acme Inc invites [email protected] to the Organization.
- [email protected] accepts invitation and creates an account.
- Two workspaces/organizations are created for [email protected]: Personal, and Acme Inc.
- When creating a password the user can choose which workspace to save it to.
- At the administration level, admins can force users to save passwords to the business workspace given a set of parameters (e.g the login email is a company email)
The [email protected] would own all of the passwords in the Personal workspace, and if they were ever terminated from the organization, would have the option to continue using the data in their Personal workspace and migrate it to a personal/free plan.
Acme Inc would own all of the passwords in the Acme Inc workspace and have controls to revoke access from [email protected], transfer ownership, or destroy the data.
This is a feature that Dashlane offers which clarifies the ownership of data, and makes it practical to maintain both personal and business passwords on a single login.