- Font change feature request
- What will this feature do differently? It will allow users to specify their font preference in BW apps.
- What benefits will this feature bring? It will enhance readability, especially for ambiguous characters (with the current default font, 0 and O).
- Remember to add a tag for each client application that will be affected. I tagged all apps. I know this affects the iOS mobile app, desktop app, browser app, and Web app. I assume all others have the same issue, given its prevalence.
Related topics + references
- Are there any related topics that may help explain the need and function of this feature? Not that I am aware of.
- Are there any references to this feature or function on other platforms that may be helpful? Many other platforms and apps allow for customizing font preferences, even if just presenting a limited selection of predefined alternatives. This is a fairly standard feature.
Further comments: the current font has caused me problems in the past, particularly with the aforementioned capital “O” appearing as a zero “0” in password fields.
Do you know about this option?
This is true for the password generator, but not for the usernames/passwords that you enter manually
The font is already monospaced and ok for the readability of the password entry (at least on the Chrome extension).
In what specific situation does this occur?
- In Bitwarden iOS app and the Web version, when you write a ‘0’ (zero), the zero has a strikethrough inside, so it makes it clear it is a zero instead of the letter o or O ,
- In Bitwarden Chrome extension, when you write a ‘0’ (zero), the zero has a strikethrough inside, so it makes it clear it is a zero instead of the letter o or O , and also the zero has the colour blue instead of black, to make the difference even more clear. (*)
(*) I am not sure why this colorization is not used in the Web version, hence why I posted this suggestion: Markup styling for passwords in Bitwarden webversion.
Thanks for the suggestion, I had this problem too but will use this option next time I’m generating a password!
And I also like that the Android app has a blue strike through zero, which is nice.
But it still doesn’t take away the fact that Bitwarden has one of the smallest O’s I have ever seen. It had me confused for some time until I noticed that the zeros looked different.
But the O part of the font remains really confusing, so please change the O. I’m sure that I am not the only one mistaking it for a 0.
Even the Bitwarden Community font is much clearer hahaha.