Please add an option to change the font

Feature name

• Font change feature request

Feature function

• What will this feature do differently? It will allow users to specify their font preference in BW apps.
  • What benefits will this feature bring? It will enhance readability, especially for ambiguous characters (with the current default font, 0 and O).
  • Remember to add a tag for each client application that will be affected. I tagged all apps. I know this affects the iOS mobile app, desktop app, browser app, and Web app. I assume all others have the same issue, given its prevalence.

Related topics + references

• Are there any related topics that may help explain the need and function of this feature? Not that I am aware of.
  • Are there any references to this feature or function on other platforms that may be helpful? Many other platforms and apps allow for customizing font preferences, even if just presenting a limited selection of predefined alternatives. This is a fairly standard feature.

Further comments: the current font has caused me problems in the past, particularly with the aforementioned capital β€œO” appearing as a zero β€œ0” in password fields.

Do you know about this option?

This is true for the password generator, but not for the usernames/passwords that you enter manually :wink:
The font is already monospaced and ok for the readability of the password entry (at least on the Chrome extension).

In what specific situation does this occur?

• In Bitwarden iOS app and the Web version, when you write a β€˜0’ (zero), the zero has a strikethrough inside, so it makes it clear it is a zero instead of the letter o or O ,
  • In Bitwarden Chrome extension, when you write a β€˜0’ (zero), the zero has a strikethrough inside, so it makes it clear it is a zero instead of the letter o or O , and also the zero has the colour blue instead of black, to make the difference even more clear. (*)

(*) I am not sure why this colorization is not used in the Web version, hence why I posted this suggestion: Markup styling for passwords in Bitwarden webversion.

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion, I had this problem too but will use this option next time I’m generating a password!

And I also like that the Android app has a blue strike through zero, which is nice.

But it still doesn’t take away the fact that Bitwarden has one of the smallest O’s I have ever seen. It had me confused for some time until I noticed that the zeros looked different.
But the O part of the font remains really confusing, so please change the O. I’m sure that I am not the only one mistaking it for a 0.

Even the Bitwarden Community font is much clearer hahaha.