PIN Unlock in Forefox no longer working in 2023.8.3

This was fixed on September 20, and is included in the 2023.9.1 release of the browser extension. If your browser extension store does not have it yet, you can download it from here:

1. I donā€™t have 2023.9.1 extension and it works for me now
  2. the 2023.9.1 is not verified, this a workaround that needs to be repeated everey
    time, When will it be verified?

Good thing Proton released new password manager. Still have Bitwarden, but this forced me to explore.

Thatā€™s a question for Mozilla.

When in Firefox asking for an update for the BW extension, there is none.
This urges me to ask why does it takes so long as did the youngest previous updates as well ?
Or is this just passing the culprit ?
May a user not expect to get a working extension as soon as itā€™s released (or very short after)?
Should Bitwarden as a serious Password Manager not take up its responsibility and ask Mozilla why they are delaying verification?
I add that this is not only on the interest of Bitwarden, but Mozilla as well. I read several users (me included) changed temporarily to Edge. When the issues keep on, why not permanent change to Edge? So Mozilla also has an interest in not delaying verification. So why???

Probably pure coincidence :innocent: , Firefox add on now updated to 2023.9.1 :clap:

1 Like

Sadly 2.9.1 has not solved it for me. I can tick the PIN box and enter a PIN but the moment I close the window the setting is lost (other settings are retained).

Firefox 118.0.1, Bitwarden app 2023.9.1, Firefox extension 2023.9.1

New Version 2023.9.1 works for me. Finally

Working for me now. Thanks guys.

Yay, working again! Thanks guys :smiley: And sorry to all for the typo in the title, just noticed it now :man_facepalming:

Still not working for me. Firefox version: 118.0.2 (64 bit); Bitwarden addon version: 2023.9.2; OS: Windows 11 (fresh install, previously it was worked)

Iā€™ve tried to re-install the addon but itā€™s not working. (I have some individual configuration in firefox config page as well.)

When I click on the unlock with PIN and I uncheck the ā€œLock with master password on browser restartā€ then it works, but otherwise if I keep the tick in the box, it loses the setting as soon as I click to another page and back. :pensive:

Iā€™m still having this issue as well. FF version: 119.0.1 (64 bit), addon version: 2023.10.2, OS: Windows 10

Same, I canā€™t set the PIN without uncheking ā€œLock with master password on browser restartā€ .

Firefox (64bit) version: 120.0.1 - BW Addon version 2023.10.2 - OS:Windows 11

I am having the same issue. When I try to set the PIN, the setting is not saved. I can set it, but immediately when I open the extension again, the PIN setting is unchecked. It only work if I uncheck ā€œLock with master password on browser restartā€

This is happening on all my Firefox browsers on 3 different Windows 10/11 machines. Bitwarden extension 2023.12.0

I am also having the same issue where I canā€™t set a pin.

Expected behavior:

1. Set pin
  2. Navigate to any other tab
  3. Pin is still set

Actual behavior:

1. Set pin
  2. Navigate to any other tab
  3. Pin is not set and unlock with pin is unchecked

Windows 11 23h2
Firefox 121.0
Bitwarden extension 2023.12.1

Opened issue 704 on github