Personal Cloud Synchronization

True. But like it or not that’s yet another server/service to run from home in a sense, which is unattractive if you already have a NextCloud and that seems to be a significant user base indeed:

25 million users it seems and “Nextcloud is used by companies like SIEMENS, institutes like the German Federal government, research organizations like the Max-Planck-institute, financial enterprises like Raiffeisen and many more”

So personally I’d be all in favour of seeing a Nextcloud app that simply talks natively to bitwarden clients that is essentially a database backend for bitwarden on existing servers on one of the seemingly most popular fastest growing self hosted cloud solutions out there.

That would be awesome itself.

I would further add that given bitwarden makes a FOSS commitment itself I can’t see it being a priority supporting services like Google Drive, DropBox and more (there are loads of commercial cloud drive providers), but coordination with a values aligned project like Nextcloud a clearly attractive proposition.