Passwords auto-filling as email address

When I generate a new password in the vault and save it, the auto fill in the next step fills the new password with the email address. The account on the vendor-side saves my password as the email address.

It only saves on the vendor side correctly if, after generating the password, I copy the password and then paste it into the password field on the store’s account side

Hey there, is this happening for a specific site? Linked Custom Fields can be used to alleviate issues with incorrect auto-fills on specific sites.

Linked custom fields can be used to solve issues where your browser extension can’t auto-fill usernames and passwords for a particular site.

Thanks for responding!

Unfortunately it’s not just a specific site. It also happens when you are required to enter a password and confirm it. For the first field of the password it enters the email address and in the confirmation fields it enters the actual password. It’s been months since I’ve noticed this happening

Thanks for the additional info, for problematic sites, you can use the form in this Github issue to submit relevant information.