Organization cannot add attachment despite premium plan

Hey @martijnjos and welcome to the community,

Not entirely the case, the organizational vault just allows for items to be owned and controled under a common shared organization.

I believe though there is a planned feature on the roadmap under the label of “Vault Item Sharing” which should hopefully allow for better sharing of individual items in your personal vault to a specific person without the need for an organization.

While I do not believe this would allow for the item to remain “in sync” in the same way that items shared in an Organization would. As if you update an organization item that record is updated for everyone in the Org who that item is shared with and who has access.

The new Vault Item Sharing I believe would be akin to the current Bitwarden Send feature which would allow you to securely share and send someone information, but if you update your record in your personal vault the two records would not stay linked in any way, and so changes made to either in each personal vault would not be shared.

On the note of the Bitwarden Send feature, this could be a way around the sharing currently between yourself and your partner if you both choose to simply get a premium individual membership.

As a user with premium benefits, Send allows for secure and safe sharing of files as well as text.

• You could create a Send and attach any needed files, membership cards, etc.
  • Provide the Send to your partner however you prefer
  • They would save this into their personal Vault, given if they also have premium benefits on their personal vault would also be able to upload attachments.

This is one method to have individual personal premium plans and not use a premium organization to share attachments within the Bitwarden ecosystem. Though as mentioned I believe the upcoming Vault Item Sharing will essentially make this process easier and allow for easier sharing of items from one person’s Bitwarden vault to another.