I propose a change the Bitwarden clients’ vault filter view from a default of “All Vaults” to one that is optionally set by the user. As envisioned, this option would permit the user to set a new default view from a selection of “My Vault”, selected “Orgaization Vault”, or “ALL Vaults”.
The reason for this request: I mostly use the shortcut (crl-shift-L) for account entry. While this works fine for accounts that are only in one vault, if in multiple vaults the information provided could lead to undesired account entry submisison. I then have to change the “ALL Vaults” filter to “My Vault” or a specific organizaition.
A user option to set the Bitward client default vault filter would help user account entries when they are present in both private vaults and organizaitonal vaults (i.e. default to “My Vaults” and only when neccessary change to “All Vaults” or “Organization Vault”.
Agreed - I like the new vault filter feature, but I wish your choice would be persistent. +voted
Great feedback, and agreed! The team is aware and looking at implementing this one
Came here to request the same. Would love to have this feature in the browser extensions so I can leave my Work PC set to a “work” vault so when screen sharing, others don’t see my personal accounts, Cards, etc…
I’d like to have the ability to filter out my work organization on my personal computer. I can currently click the All Vaults dropdown to select just one vault but this filtering goes away after the extension closes.
- This will make it easier to not accidentally use a company card stored in one of the vaults when I want to use my personal card.
- This filtering out an organization will also make it easier to not get the wrong password filled in different contexts.
Related topics + references
I could not find any related topics.
It has been suggested that we be asked to select My Vault”, selected “Organization Vault”, or “ALL Vaults” as our default. I would propose that we be given a check list and asked to either suggest a particular entity or more than one to be combined in what we are presented. I have a situation that I would like my default to include my shared family vault and personal vault but I don’t want my third entity vault because that it what I plan to use for archive items. I don’t know of another way to handle archives since I’m not aware of it being a feature. Anyhow, as you can see, this simple change could satisfy many purposes. In my case, without this feature, I will constantly be switching between default vaults and I’m not sure BW would stay may manager if I had to operate that way.
Yes, an option to set the displayed default vault(s) on a “per device” basis would be great.
> “Must” have:
- Per device: set view to ether ALL VAULTS or 1 specific vault like “My vault” or “Organization XYZ vault” (and allow switching between them as needed like before)
> Nice to have:
- Per device: set view to ALL VAULTS or select one/multiple vaults like “My vault” and “Organization XYZ vault” to be displayed as default (and allow switching between them as needed like before)
- Per device: Require Master password / pin to switch to certain vaults/view (Explanation: The alternative would be, to protect each entry of a certain vault with a master password, but this would hamper work if using this vault on another device normally - e.g. business vault on business device)
As a use-case example (Best case):
- Per default, my work device should display the "organization XYZ " vault.
- My private pc should display my personal vault.
- My smartphone should display both “organization XYZ” and my personal vault.
- None of the devices should display the “organization ABC” vault by default, as it contains emergency accounts (e.g. of my parents).
- But you should still be able to switch to different vaults if needed, maybe after optional authentication for certain vaults (to protect business accounts on private devices).
Yeah, I’d love to see this either as a default filter (so I can exclude an entire collection(s) from my default searching (as an owner of an Organization I don’t want / need to see “everything” all of the time)).
And it would be “nice” to see this as more of a user defined “view” so that depending on what your doing it’s not just “All vaults”, “My Vault” or “Organization X” and that have this as the “Default” (especially in the Browser Extension and device scenarios)
+1 for this feature request.
- Makes the user experience a lot better.
- Removes unnecessary clutter when searching for a particular set of credentials.
- Keeps private accounts, credit cards etc stowed away from public view when using it at work.
+1 for this feature request.
Also, why is something this simple not done yet? This feature is extremely low cost (if it takes more then a couple days at the outside for any half-decent dev I’d eat my shoes) and adds a lot of value to the product, both for breaking up work/home vaults and shared family vaults across accounts.
If this doesn’t exist when my subscription is up I’ll be moving on to another manager, it’s just not worth the hassle.