Open login dialog when browser starts

Feature name

Open login dialog when browser starts

Feature function

• This will open a dialog box to prompt for master password.
  • User don’t have to click for password that unlocks bitwarden . That will saves couple of click. Bitwarden will automatically prompt for password when browser is opened.
  • Login_dialog

Related topics + references

I want to show that lastpass had an option just like this . when browser restarts it prompt for vault password first…

Putting my full support for this feature. So many times I go to a site and wonder why Bitwarden doesn’t autofill then remember I haven’t logged into Bitwarden.

1 Like

click on bitwared icone then settings then options click enable auto-fill on page fill

About half of my sites login automatically, for the others I have to right-click,
“Bitwarden>Auto-Fill>[site URL]” I had that on my previous PW manager, and was told it depends on how the login page is programmed. Is that true of BW?

+1 for me
Alternatively, the password prompt could also appear only when the autofill would recognize an input field or an account registration would be recognized. If I create a new account somewhere and forget to log in to bitwarden beforehand, the autosave password is not triggered. This function would solve the problem.

1 Like