Nginx is not working after update

Hey there,

First of all, thank you for this amazing password manager :-). I am here because yesterday I did an update of my current installation and it seems that something went wrong. What I did:

./bitwarden.sh updateself
./bitwarden.sh update

The update process worked like a charm but now when I go to my vault, it simply says “refused connection”. Sometimes a 502 Bad Gateway is there instead of login UI.

Nginx log outputs this:

2018/09/10 00:07:00 [emerg] 1#1: BIO_new_file(“/etc/ssl/vault.a2c.pw/certificate.crt”) failed (SSL: error:02001002:system library:fopen:No such file or directory:fopen(‘/etc/ssl/vault.a2c.pw/certificate.crt’,‘r’) error:2006D080:BIO routines:BIO_new_file:no such file)

/etc/ssl/vault.a2c.pw doesn’t exist but this is normal because the SSL cert was reverse proxy passed through a local server instead of Bitwarden installation.

It seems a very strange situation. Has anyone heard something similar?

Thanks!

Did you previously make modifications to the nginx config that were now overwritten on update?

Hey,

nope, I didn’t change anything. No worries, I’ve reinstalled everything again (I did a backup before) and it works well now. I have a different issue right now but it’s regarding verification email so I’ll open a new thread.

Thanks!