New to Bitwarden and love it. Am I missing something with Autofill?

It seems like when you click on Launch, it ought to take you to that website (which it does) and then instantly enter the username and password. But it doesn’t. I’m finding myself right-clicking in the field, then a couple of clicks later, getting the autofill to happen. I have “Auto-fill on page load” checked in options.

Occasionally when I have one site open and signed into on one of my two screens, on the second screen, when I right-click in a username field, Bitwarden wants to use the credentials for the site on the first screen. Notably, this only happens with one site.

Looking forward to introducing Bitwarden to my clients. The import feature from other password managers is incredibly easy, well done!

Have you tried the “auto-fill on page load” option?
→ settings - options

Yes indeed, I have. My settings look exactly like that. Thank you for your feedback!

OK. It is working for me using Firefox and Chrome on Windows 10. Perhaps you have found a bug, which browser, operating system are you using?

Windows 11 22H2 at home and Windows 10 at work. I am using Chrome and have the browser synced between the two locations. Again, I appreciate the replies.

Can you share the website(s) on which you are having these issues?

When you’ve reached this point, is there a number in the badge counter on the Bitwarden icon at the top of your browser? If you use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Shift+L at this point, does the auto-fill occur?

What does this mean? You have a computer with multiple monitors, and you have one browser window open on each monitor? Or something else. Again, what website?

Some websites create problems for the auto-fill algorithm, because non-standard identifiers are used in the HTML code for the input form fields. This can usually be fixed using custom fields, but the specific solution must be tailored to each problematic website.

I’m sorry; I probably didn’t describe that well. Yes, at work, I have dual monitors. With my monitor on the left, I’ll have a website we use to keep track of clients called Repairtrax. On the monitor I have on the right, I’ll have a website we use to process orders called Clover. Clover will log me off after a period of inactivity. When I go to log back into Clover, I’ll right-click in the username field, Select Bitwarden, select Autofill, and then Bitwarden will display the login for Repairtrax. I’ll have to research the custom fields that you’re suggesting. Thank you for your feedback.

Custom fields probably won’t work for the issue you are describing.

If you look are the badge counter on the Bitwarden icon at the top of the browser, does it say 1 for each browser/monitor? If you click on the Bitwarden icon to open the browser extension, which matching credential(s) can you see in the Tab view?

Also, it would be useful to get answers to the questions I asked in my previous response (“When you’ve reached this point, is there a number in the badge counter on the Bitwarden icon at the top of your browser? If you use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Shift+L at this point, does the auto-fill occur?”)

I’ll see if your answers to the above questions generate any leads, but most likely, the only work-around will be to use different browsers on the two monitors (e.g., Chrome on one, Firefox on the other).

1 Like