New Sync Button Feature Request!

Feature name

• A sync button on the main page of the Extension Menu

Feature function

• What will this feature do differently?
    Sync doesn’t happen instantly , it happens every 30 minutes, also going into settings and then selecting sync and clicking sync now button takes 3 Clicks (4 if the vault is locked).
  • What benefits will this feature bring?
    This feature will save those three clicks and instantly sync the entire information in one Click which will save lots of time of Users and help the users like us who need to sync information instantly across all the devices.
  • Remember to add a tag for each client application that will be affected
    #mobileapp #android #ios #Browser

Related topics + references

• Are there any related topics that may help explain the need and function of this feature?

• Are there any references to this feature or function on other platforms that may be helpful?
    The attached image should help the Bitwarden Devs, if you all agree please implement this small feature, it should not take too long to make this small change.
    If the users on this forum have any other idea, please let us know !

@kspearrin @tgreer @eliykat @mgibson @go12 @sugianto
Dear moderators, Your feedback on this request is highly needed.

Surely it’s just two extra clicks… I’m struggling to see the urgency or the real benefit.

2 Likes

This would be nice or just auto sync the second something is edited.

I edit in the web browser add-on usually and agree with the extra click hassle. Also, a banner comes up so it takes a few extra seconds to be able to click on Vault again until banner disappears.

1 Like

It would be vey nice, 30 minutes is too long for sync, it must be instant or very short periods
also manual sync should be easier not 3 clicks, just one click will be better.
“Surely it’s just two extra clicks… I’m struggling to see the urgency or the real benefit.”
Just think the people who works hard his/her job and racing against the time, so these things are really meaningful for all, believe me.

Instead of manual sync, sync should be automatic and instant like 1Password.

1 Like

Syncing automatically is currently a part of the platform. We are looking into why it has not been instantaneous recently, though.

It seems great news!
Is this feature also includes browser plugin inside or it’s just for between app with plugin or vice versa and needs update?

It works on all the apps (desktop, mobile, browser, CLI) - no updates will be needed, any changes or adjustments will be on the back end.

Edit - just to clarify it does NOT sync with the F-Droid app in real time, as mobile apps require push notifications to be enabled to get instant updates.

2 Likes

Thanks for the fast feedback :+1:

1 Like

Exactly! Even being a premium member still we don’t have instant sync.

I had suggested the feature to place the sync button on the homepage of extension, but no feedback on that aswell, i know this feature might not seem critical for some, but believe me there are cases where bitwarden hasn’t synced for over an hour !

I have tested it now on chromium browser, edited a login account data then checked, on Bitwarden *OS application nothing has changed. It seems not working instantly?

(*OS= macOS Big Sur)

Urgency of this feature is when a credential is updated on the extension or mobile app, the user needs the same data instanteneosly to reflect in their app. It’s not a big deal to implement this feature, although i requested this feature since bitwarden extension takes around 45 minutes to 1 hour to sync and clicking once to sync is much more better than clicking thrice.

True this Feature is Critical, I have requested Several times this feature of live sync on every write or automated sync at custom interval or even implement a normal sync button on the home page of extension, but the Dev’s don’t consider this as an urgent feature and we will have to wait untill they consider in thier roadmap.

There’s an option to enable “pull down to refresh”.

Yeah but that is available in Mobile app not in browser extension.

Could you show where is this option on browser extension, I’m stuck to find it.

Sorry, it’s on mobile only.

Yeah but that is available in Mobile app not in browser extension. which what we are requesting a feature which will be automatically syncing on every write or at a custom interval , although the dev’s don’t find this as important since they claim that sync is almost instant, which so not the case, there have been cases where it took more than 1 hour to sync and we don’t want that, we want to avoid that.