✅ New Azure region in Europe

Would it be possible to have an Azure region in Europe to keep all data in Europe and have somewhat faster access?

The team is working on EU support, stay tuned for updates!

1 Like

I have been using Bitwarden since 2019, and was registered at the then only server “Bitwarden.com”. Now I see there is a European server “Bitwarden.eu”, which is great!
Question: Is there a procedure to transfer my account from “.com” to the “.eu” server in Europe? I hope one day there will be such a payed service. For example I transferred my pCloud from US to European storage for $19. Please, if there is such a procedure - share a link with me!
If there is no such procedure, yet: It came to my mind that I could deactivate my “.com” account, and make a new one at “.eu”, but since I am paying $10 on Sept 5th each year, I do not want to loose this account just like that. What are the possibilities?

The documentation for how to migrate an organization indicates that Bitwarden had a script available to facilitate the process for organizations (but they probably do not offer this service for individual accounts). The same documentation also indicates that subscriptions can be transferred by contacting support, but it is unclear whether this also applies only to organizations but also to individual accounts. When the EU server first became available (and there were a lot of requests for migrating subscriptions), I recall that individual customers has mixed success getting their subscriptions transferred — it may have depended on which support representative was handling each case, or there may have been a change in policy at Bitwarden after the number of requests became larger than they could handle. Be that as it may, it would make sense to go ahead and contact support to request a transfer of your Premium subscription to your new account.

Closing this Feature Request topic now, since the feature has been implemented.