Nested Folders

I finally figured out how to create a nested folder. It took a lot of digging for me to finally find it. Why can’t your developers just make a button under Create Folder that says create sub folder? Zoho & Lastpass allow you to create subfolders with the click of a button. That would make it so much easier for people who are non-tech savvy. Having to figure out how the Nested folders work by using a naming convention with the forward slash character (/) as a delimiter. For example, if I have folders with the names “Work” and “Work/Email”, “Email” will be nested as a sub-folder underneath the “Work” folder.

Original Title: Nested Folders (NOT SURE IF THIS IS THE RIGHT PLACE TO BE ASKING THIS)

Yes, this is the right place to ask for feature requests.
I have tried to create a sub folder before but for some reason it just doesn’t work. I named my folder Personal/Accounts but no sub folder was created. What am I doing wrong?

Please read this guide: https://bitwarden.com/help/article/folders/
Keep in mind that folder names are case-sensitive. If you have a ‘personal’ folder and you add a new ‘Personal/Accounts’ folder, it would not be nested under ‘personal’.

All the best,

1 Like

Thanks for the reply
I created a folder Card/Credit but its not working. The Cards/Credit is being displayed completely.

Do you already have a ‘Cards’ folder or are you trying to create a subfolder for the ‘Cards’ category?
Please create a new ‘Cards’ folder and let me know what happens.

1 Like

Here is my folder structure
I do not have a folder named Cards just a folder named Cards/Credit

Please create a new folder and name it ‘Cards’.

1 Like

Oh now I get it, first I have to create Cards then Cards/Create. Thanks so much.

You’re most welcome!

1 Like

Do you think the help document should be more clear or was it my misunderstanding?

1 Like

You may be right, I’ll pass this forward.

2 Likes