Moving entry from organization back to myvault

Hi

I’ve recently moved a few entries from MyVault to an Organization I share with my daughter.
How can I undo this, i.e. move an entry back from the organization to MyVault?

Thx in advance

Hi @manilx! You’ll need to clone the items and set the owner back to your user, then delete the shared items.

https://bitwarden.com/help/article/org-faqs/#q-how-do-i-unshare-an-item-from-my-organization

1 Like

Great, thank you!

Does cloning work on the mobile app? I can’t find it

I want to move an item from a collection back to my vault, I cannot seem to find this Clone option anywhere. Not desktop or mobile. I just discovered where the clone option are… and that is only visible when I want to move FROM my vault TO the collection not the other way around.

Hi @Mattias_Hedman,

Currently to Clone an item that is own by an Organization, this has to be done via the web-vault via the Organizational Vault view.

As described,

To clone an item owned by an organization, you need to clone it from the organization vault view using the web vault.

When you go to Clone the item, you can specify which vault you’d like to clone to, the shared Org vault or back into your personal individual vault.
Once cloned into your vault, you can delete the shared item in the Org vault.

Sorry I re-open the thread but looks like I got an error (unhandled server error has occured) when trying to clone the item back to my vault. Any suggestion about that?

I had the same error as @artoor. I am classed as the ‘owner’ of the organisation and collection. When I chose my email as the owner, rather than the organisation that is when the error occurs on pressing save. I can create a clone in the same organisation, and I can create a new record in my own vault if starting for scratch.

Any suggestions on how to rectify?

I get the same:

An error has occurred.

An unhandled server error has occurred.

Any ideas?