Monospaced font in notes

Hi.

We’re testing BW as a replacement for GPG encrypted text files. Text files are currently managed via vim, thus from command line. And we find it very useful to have console monospaced font so we can manually adjust alignment, create rudimentary tables and so on.

BW’s “Private note” is what we would mostly use, but the current implementation has totally no control over the text… It would be great to be able to either use monospaced fonts in textareas OR, probably better for everyone else, add a Markdown editor.

Can you consider either one of the two?
thanks

I agree that the secure notes needs more options.

Control over fonts, and markdown editor/viewer would help.

1 Like

I swear there is literally no product on the market that has darkmode, (monospace or markdown support), and isn’t electron.

Not only that, but getting only one of those three features is already extremely rare. And I mean anything from google keep alternatives, jira alternatives, password managers, etc…

Very much agree - I use secure notes for various system/server passwords, keys, and other technical information that benefits from a monospace font for readability and alignment.

This is the only part of Bitwarden that leaves me wanting… some basic ability to control the format of all these secure notes I’ve written.

1 Like

I think that would e a nice to have feature. However, while the current font is not monospaced it is pretty close to it on my computers and I can read it more easily than any monospaced one.

Yes, a monospace font for the notes field would be nice … perhaps a font selection in general, but certainly an option for the notes field would make things easier and would cover a lot of bases. Originally LastPass used a monospace font in the notes field. When they went from version 3 to 4 they changed it. I’m sure it was to make it ‘prettier’. Well that’s great … but I have a password manager for functionality and for just general ASCII formatted notes, a monospace font is wonderful.

Thanks for the consideration.

Monospace fonts (with 0 distinct from o by slash etc) are essential

1 Like

If sans & monospaced font style could be switched in secure notes, it would be great.

To be honest this is driving me a little bit crazy in having to manage a large amount of secrets as a BitWarden note in a semi-manageable way.

It would also be great to allow for the tab key to be used to make a tabbed spaces.

At the moment, a lot of using Notepad, and the formatting gets lost.

1 Like

I used Stylus to change the font and increase the textarea on a 4k monitor. Then the CSP was changed to prevent inline (“style-src”). Now I’m reliant on Bitwarden to provide this feature since they prevent extensions/add-ons from modifying the CSS (for good reasons).

Hello.

Please consider changing to or adding an optional monospaced font, maybe even just for text fields.

For those who don’t know, Monospaced fonts have equal character spacing making them easier to read and things always align uniformly. I think this is ideal everywhere, but it’s especially noticeable in plaintext notes where formatting options are very limited.

I believe the following examples are licensed under the Open Font License or Apache Licence 2.0:

Roboto Mono
Inconsolata
Source Code Pro
IBM Plex Mono
Space Mono
Ubuntu Mono
PT Mono
Nanum Gothic Coding
Cousine
Fira Mono
Anonymous Pro
Courier Prime
Share Tech Mono
DM Mono
Noto Sans Mono
JetBrains Mono
Cutive Mono
Fira Code
Overpass Mono
Oxygen Mono

Thank you for making this outstandingly well designed and functional tool available to everyone and in beautiful open source. Bless you guys.

Hello, I would also really like this feature please,
that is to be as an option near the “Favorites” check-box per each note, being like a check-box or a dropdown-option to choose a font-family group monospace | sans and perhaps even serif | cursive - the option should toggle the textarea’s font-family when it’s changed. It could also be as the app’s global setting, but per-notes setting seems more convenient from the user’s perspective.

The current system-font being used differs from platform to platform, I see different char-widths on my phone than on my computer (reason: different system fonts).
I would use the feature on every note, much needed because I always end up creating files instead - when I need column-aligned text (that’s almost every note), but I would like to use the secure-notes more.

Thank you & kind regards.

Yes, please add the ability to have monospaced fonts. This feature is very needed. Monospaced fonts helps keep character columns aligned, especially when ensuring that a list of words or strings need to have the same character lengths.