• enable bitwarden support inside Meta Quest

Related topics + references

• LastPass is going to support Meta Quest, you should too
7 Likes

Feature name

Bitwarden in VR (Meta, Pico and so on)

Feature function

Make Bitwarden available in VR.

Reduce friction for services/games with account functions that require the user to type a password in, such as VRChat.
(Dunno if app:cli would be an appropriate tag, and I’m not sure if app:mobile would count for something like the Quest 2)

Related topics + references

The current process of installing the app has a lot of friction, and the app is classified under the “unknown sources” category.
By bringing the Bitwarden app into the app lab, or into the Quest store officially, it won’t be classified as such, and will always be visible.

References wise, the PWABuilder website permits one to bring their project to VR.

1 Like

I have an Meta Quest 3 (Meta VR Headset) and I was looking through the available apps when I came across Lastpass. We still need to login to apps and websites through VR so I thought this was a good idea and maybe you could create an app for the Meta VR platform?

Thanks for your consideration.

1 Like

Welcome to the community @TheCableGuy96! Your suggestion has been documented and forwarded.

1 Like

Thanks, it’s an incredibly popular platform so would be great to see it added.

1 Like

With the Meta universe now seeing more productivity apps this is a great idea. I see LastPass is now available. Needs Bitwarden support.

1 Like

Any movement on this? Using the web vault at the moment, but that’s clunky to say the least :smiley:

3 Likes

I just got a Quest 3 and found this topic via a search. +1 for this feature request. Thank you.

1 Like

My Setup
For reference I downloaded the Bitwarden .apk file from the official GitHub and side-loaded it with the app lab app named Mobile VR Station. I recommend YouTubeing the setup process, as it is relatively simple and requires no external hardware to get running.

Use Case
While the app is classified under the “unknown sources” category in your app menu, I copy and paste my credentials in certain apps but especially browsers with ease. Using the multi-window functionality on the Quest 3 I drag Bitwarden to the right or left, open a browser in the center, then copy from Bitwarden and paste by holding down the trigger button.

Limitations
This of course has limitations including the inability to copy and paste or even autofill credentials in immersive/VR Capable experiences especially games.

+1 this feature request. Thank you Bitwarden!

2 Likes

I’d love to see official support for this as well!

1 Like

Another Quest user here. I’ve been using the sideloaded apk for quite a long time and it works really well out of the box. Meta have said that developers are welcome to add their Android apps to the Meta store so it would be great to see and official implementation of Bitwarden on the platform. LastPass is currently the only pw manager on there and LastPass are not good.

Just as an extra note, the Meta Quest Browser is going to support browser extensions soon and was wondering if we could at least get an official Bitwarden extension there?

Article about upcoming Quest browser extensions:
https://www.meta.com/en-gb/help/quest/articles/in-vr-experiences/oculus-features/browser-extensions/

Cheers for all your hard work regardless, Liam

1 Like

Using the Bitwarden F-Droid repo would be a better approach since it could provide auto update.

I would definitely love to see this in the meta world. All my passwords are generated and it is quite a horrible experience living in services from within the be headset.

Also, yes, LastPass is ahead of you in this one, please help out.