Master Password typos, accidental entries, & changing the Master PW

This is probably a very silly question (or questions), but I’m asking it anyway.

If you typo your master password the first time, is it a good idea to change it, or am I worrying too much?

Also if you have 2 (or more) Bitwarden accounts and enter the master password for one on the wrong account by accident, is it a good idea to change it?

Thank you!

Hello,

1. You mean you put in the wrong typo password, confirmed it, and then successfully set as the password? Or you didn’t succeed.

2. The plain master password never leaves the client, and the information that is stored in the BW cloud cannot be used to compute the original password, so there is nothing to worry about here. No change is necessary.

Thanks for answering.

1. I just meant I entered the password wrong by a character or 2, it was rejected, and then I entered it correctly & got in.

.2. Does it make a difference if BW is open on a browser?

The password (in the password fields) never leaves a BW client, including a web browser. So, in both of your cases, you don’t have to worry.

Let me tell you when you have to worry as counter-examples. If you enter your password in the email field (in the login screen), then you might have to worry. Some people would consider the password toasted. Also, it’s easy to enter the password (through auto-fill) in the password hint field (found in the password change screen), then that password would be toasted too.

Thanks so much, I think in that case, I will change it.