Make the bitwarden community forum show text in white

When looking on this forum for an answer, black is used as the theme of the web page. Unfortunately all the text is in black so that means it goes into the background and I cannot read a single article unless I do CTRL+A and make the text blue.

I like this is a security minded company but isn’t this “bug” / “feature” a little too much for security as obscurity?

pic for proof:

Browser:
Opera GX
LVL4 (core: 94.0.4606.107)
Chromium version:108.0.5359.125

:bar_chart: Want to add a visualization to your post? Bitwarden supports Mermaid scripting.

Hey @JNacho and welcome to the community,

This is definitely very strange. I haven’t seen this myself, but I know there were some tweaks with dark mode support within the community forums here.

Can you check to see if the information provided by @bw-admin helps?

Otherwise I would definitely see if this is something that can be checked out. Thanks :slightly_smiling_face:

These are my settings:

As you can see, also in dark and pretty hard to read.

I will go through the forum to see if there is a setting that fixes it.

After playing around and disabling the auto dark mode check box I finally have a working community page :slight_smile:

Whenever I go manually into dark mode the previous issue comes back. Only the white page works fine for me. It seems like the black text from the white page is being used on the dark mode somehow.

image_2023-03-08_234215429

Can you share more info about what browser you are using? I’ll disable it while I do some testing.

This is how it looks on my end:

How it looks for me:

As mentioned before:
OS type: Windows 10
Browser : Opera GX
Browser version: LVL4 (core: 94.0.4606.107)
Chromium version:108.0.5359.125

Exact Browser identification:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/108.0.0.0 Safari/537.36 OPR/94.0.0.0

If you need more info you can reply on this comment :slight_smile: