Make "copy to clipboard" function default for clicking entire row

Feature name

• Make “copy to clipboard” function default for clicking entire row

Feature function

I’m migrating over from another password management app that I used on both Windows and Android.

In both cases, when I opened an item to view the credentials, I could simply click/tap anywhere on the row to have the data copied to the clipboard.
Currently, on the Bitwarden clients (both Android and Windows), I have to click/tap the tiny little copy icon to get the data.
It would be great if there was a way to enable this functionality. As far as I am aware, there is currently no function mapped to clicking on the data rows.
The main benefit of this is ease of copying the data stored in Bitwarden when it is needed.

What client app are you using? In the browser extensions, clicking a vault item in the “Tab” view causes the credentials to be auto-filled (which is superior to copying).

1 Like

I typically use Android and Windows. I suppose you are right that I could use a browser extension, but the few times I tried to have Bitwarden auto-fill something, it completely failed to do anything… so the functionality isn’t great, at least not on Edge/Windows 11.

Also, I am often using credentials with apps, outside of browsers entirely. Bitwarden can’t handle these with an auto-fill.

Hey there, what issues were you bumping into with autofill on Edge? Did you disable your browsers native functionality to manage passwords? Disable a Browser's Built-in Password Manager | Bitwarden Help & Support

Did these vault items have defined URIs? Using URIs | Bitwarden Help & Support

Do you have a lot of brower extensions running at the same time?

Hi, i think it’s not the autofill option. I’ve the same “issue” coming from 1pass…
If you click in their app on an password-entry (not only the “copy password icon”) your password is copierd to clippboard. I think it’s a very handy feature.

:thinking: Currently clicking on the row creates an autofill event, regarding changing that to copy password, I think 1Password might be fine with this because they have an overlay pop-up that appears in the credential field without having to click in extension or use right click context menu, but let me know what you think.

1 Like

Yes, it’s just convenience. If you’re coming from another app, you have to learn some new “tricks”. Sometimes hard for old dogs :wink: