Logging onto vault.bitwarden.com on a 2013 MacBook Pro fails - can't get past the spinning dots icon! Help!

Longtime BitWarden user here on Windows via the website vault.bitwarden.com, and have had no problems. However, I cannot seem to log in to the website on my 2013 MacBook Pro. The spinning icon keeps spinning, but I can’t progress past this. Anyone know what the problem is?

2013? You will be running MacOS 11.x (Big Sur)? What browsers and versions have you tried?

1 Like

macOS Catalina 10.15.7

Only running Safari

I found in the workshop a PB G4 running 10.4.11 (!). Unsurprisingly, it does not support security adequate for financial sites or Bitwarden so no help there. Our normal machines are on Sonoma 14.3 and I use the .eu site.

This leaves me unable to make direct tests for comparison. You may be able to try usual routines like restarting Safari / MacOS, clearing cache in Safari, downloading a different browser.

MacOS 11.x, which appears from Apple information to be the latest a 2013 MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013) will run, might be a final option if your machine matches.

Do you have access to any later Mac for a test there?

Sorry I have no further options at present.

1 Like

Last security update for MacOS Catalina was on July 20th 2022 - almost two years ago. I personally wouldn’t connect with such a device to the internet at all, let alone access my password manager. :wink:

2 Likes