Keyboard Shortcut to open Bitwarden on Windows

So with 1Password I have the option of pressing CTRL+ALT+\ To open the desktop application to get my app passwords. I am an IT guy and I use my vault for like 50% web and like 50% desktop and server logins so I have to copy out the user names and passwords and I need a quick hot key to open my vault quickly. I cannot seen to find a shortcut for opening the app when its running in the tray.

1 Like

I have no idea if such a short cut exists. Not only that control shift L doesn’t auto fill crap. I hope this improves. I can’t recommend it at this time not until or unless my issues are resolved. With 1Password it just worked.

I think the alternative is to use the Pin to Taskbar and the shortcut to open the needed app with Winkey + [number]

Instructions for Windows 10 & 11:

1. Find the Bitwarden Desktop App icon in the Start Menu or in the “All Apps” list (accessible from the Start Menu).
  2. Right-click the app icon, and select “Open file location” (in the “All Apps” list, you may first have to select “More”). This should take you to a Bitwarden shortcut icon in Windows Explorer.
  3. Right-click the shortcut icon, and select “Properties”. This should open a “Bitwarden Properties” window with multiple tabs.
  4. Go to the “Shortcut” tab in the Properties window, and look for the field named “Shortcut key” with the value “None”.
  5. In the “Shortcut key” field, place the cursor at the end of the word “None”, and type a single backslash character (\), or any other character of your choice. The field should now read “Ctrl + Alt + \”.
  6. Click OK.

You should now be able to launch the app using the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Alt+\.

If you prefer, you can press a function key (F1–F12) in Step 5, in which case the function key by itself will launch the app.

2 Likes