✅ Keyboard Shortcut should respond when locked

My primary way to use the browser plugins has been to use the keyboard shortcut “cmd+shift+L” to autofill login entries on a login page. One thing that slows me down is when I’m not authenticated in bitwarden due to time out or whatever my lock preferences are, the keyboard shortcut does nothing.

Ideally, I’d like when I use the keyboard shortcut and it’s locked, It should open the Bitwarden menu and set my cursor to the proper field to begin typing my master password or passcode to unlock.

I also have this feature request. In 1Password, pressing the keyboard shortcut pops up the authentication window if it is locked, and I dumped 1Password in favour of bitwarden.

I would really like this feature as well. I emailed the exact same request to support in Mars 2021. They replied that it would be put on the request list.

I log out from BW each time I lock the computer, so I’m doing this procedure many times a day with the mouse.

Almost everything is better with BW than LastPass where I come from. But I really miss this feature.

Closing the topic, as this has been implemented and is available in the current release: Release Notes | Bitwarden Help & Support