iPhone repeated authentication request differs from Chrome

I’m new to BW on iPhone and an iPhone newbie and have been using BW on Chrome extension.

On the iPhone I open BW, then copy in my excessively long PW (side issue) this unlocks the vault. When I attempt to enter a PW via BW it demands re-authentication. Further, the copy operation seems to be disabled or the buffer is empty - haptic pulse but no paste prompt.

Have you taken a look in the “Clear Clipboard” option? Maybe you need more time there: Settings > Other > Options > Clear Clipboard

Thanks for the reply Alejandra. I’ve been unable to find the “other” under settings in iPhone nor in Windows.

I’m going to attempt to generate a repeatable sequence for diagnosis. But I need to create an innocuous acct somewhere to use BW to hold the password.
My novice-ness on the iPhone is standing in the way at the moment. I’ll get back to this.

Windows:

Google Chrome Extension (W10):

Thanks for your response, Peter. I really appreciate the effort you put in to be thorough for my understanding.

The confusion on my part was that Alejandra was referring to the (in my case) Windows browser (Chrome) access to my BW account settings. I haven’t explored the global settings there until this event. Still haven’t to any extent.

Turns out the timing isn’t the issue.

There appears to be a fundamental difference between accessing an account password via Chrome (with extension) and the iPhone where I am essentially using two apps. When I access my target account via that company’s app and get the BW keys item at the top of the keyboard, I thought BW was / should be performing the same access to my vault as in the Chrome extension. It is not. It requires me to re-enter my BW master password to get the target password filled in. Fundamentally different operation from that within Chrome with the BW extension.

Because of this, I won’t be using BW for filling in target passwords on my new iPhone for any acct’s apps that end up requiring re-entering the master password - too much keyboard effort when you have essential tremor.

This on the surface looks to be a use-case error, but I don’t have the brain cycles any more to properly analyze this.

Thanks again for your thoroughness, Peter.

The Android version has the option to “Unlock with Biometrics”. So unlocking the phone by using a fingerprint sensor or the camera is possible. This of course is not as safe as using a password but - from my point of view - still is much better than having to remember all passwords or using the same credentials everywhere.

@Community: I do not own an iPhone so perhaps someone who does could fill in the gaps of how to do this in the Apple-world.