Inactive create button

Hi everyone,
I create my own Bitwarden instance, I can access to it through a specific port defined in the config.yml file, but when I try to create a account, I fill all the blanks (sorry I’m french :stuck_out_tongue: ) but I couldn’t click on “create an account” button, it seems inactive, nothing is happening when I click on it.
If you have an idea :slight_smile:

Many thanks to you.

Regards,

Hi @popoche28 and welcome to the community,

Can you confirm how you installed the Bitwarden server? Did you follow the steps outlined in either the install for Linux or on Windows?

When making your port changes to the config.yml file did you also perform a ./bitwarden.sh rebuild
Also

Check that the custom port values have been proliferated to ./bwdata/env/global.override.env.

With this I am wondering if there is an issue with your SMTP server when signing up for the account. Verify

At a minimum, you should replace the values for:

globalSettings__mail__smtp__host=<placeholder>
globalSettings__mail__smtp__port=<placeholder>
globalSettings__mail__smtp__ssl=<placeholder>
globalSettings__mail__smtp__username=<placeholder>
globalSettings__mail__smtp__password=<placeholder>
adminSettings__admins=

Replace globalSettings__mail__smtp...= placeholders to connect to the SMTP mail server that will be used to send verification emails to new users

Hi,

Thanks for your welcome :slight_smile: and for your answer.

In fact I create once again a complete fresh VM (using PVE ^^) and with the complete instructions from this website https://www.howtoforge.com/how-to-install-bitwarden-password-manager-on-debian-11/ I successfuly create my Bitwarden instance and it’s working correctly.
The SMTP values need to be set for I think the email verification, not for creating accounts I guess.

Many thanks for your answer :slight_smile: