Identity verification

When I log in to my web vault to change my master password for example, I’m prompted to further identify myself with a PIN or fingerprint. I’m running Win11 on a Galaxy Book Pro. I’ve set up a fingerprint login in Windows Hello on my Galaxy, and I use a fingerprint on my S23+ Android to fill my creds on my phone. I believe any number of Galaxy Book users will confirm that the fingerprint scanner on the Galaxy Book is rather sketchy. Indeed, my fingerprint usually fails to work when Bitwarden wants to verify me, and I have not set up a Bitwarden PIN as I have in Windows Hello. (Nevertheless, Bitwarden accepted my new password.)

First, am I confused and is the web verification actually asking for my Windows Hello login PIN? If not, and my fingerprint doesn’t work, how can authenticate my identity to Bitwarden?

My understanding is that you are only asked for such identity verification if you have used “Login with Device” instead of logging in with your master password. Thus, I would suggest logging out of the Web Vault, and logging back in using your master password. In that case, changes to the account settings will only require you to enter the master password for verification.

Thanks. I logged in with my master password and proceeded to change it.