How to update Bitwarden that runs in Docker on a Synology

Hi there, as a newbie in Bitwarden and in this Forum I have the following question:
I have installed Bitwarden on my Synology NAS with Docker. So far everything looks fine and is working well…
But when I use the “Admin Panel” and go to the Menuitem “Diagnostics” I can see that there is an update available for the “Web”. The installed Version is 2.16.1 and the latest Version is 12.17.1. Unfortunately I cannot find out how to update the “Web”. No link and no Menuitem available…
Can anybody tell me how to run an update to 12.17.1 ?

Thank you and kind regards
Chuby

Hello there!
Is this what you are looking for?
https://bitwarden.com/help/article/updating-on-premise/

Hi vachan, thanky ou for your response.
But yes, I found this 2 commands already but I don not know where and how to run this 2 commands. In the Bitwarden Docker on my Synology I found a terminal where I can run this commands. Unfortunatly there is no response when I run tis commands…and no update.
Can you explain me how to run this commands inside the Bitwarden Docker ?

kind regards chuby

I haven’t self hosted before but I did this find this guide. Maybe this would be helpful to you.

Dear nachan,
your link " Synology: How to Update Docker Image" was perfect for me ! I followed the procedure in this link and Bitwarden was updated now from 2.16.1 to the latest 2.17.1 :smile:

Thank you very much for help !

kind regards Chuby

1 Like

What docker Bitwarden server option did you choose out of curiosity? I am trying to do a self-host on Synology too and I saw that the bitwarden.server was deprecated and has been changed to vaultwarden.server

Hey @Pnelsond8,

See my reply on your other comment here

In short, the Bitwarden server image was NOT deprecated. Instead however a 3rd party project which is not affiliated with Bitwarden previously known as Bitwarden_RS was deprecated shortly after the project rename to Vaultwarden.

Bitwarden still provides both their standard install method, and their new Bitwarden Unified install which is currently still in beta.

Hope that helps to clarify. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Unified beta link for reference: https://bitwarden.com/help/install-and-deploy-unified-beta/

Hola. Leyendo ahora veo que todo mi problema esta en que mi autohospedado es bitwarden_rs y ese es el que se ha quedado obsoleto. ¿Puedo yo instalar la beta de birwarden? ¿como puedo hacer para pasar toda la configuracion y la caja sin perder nada? Gracias

Hey @kenek the community forum only provides support for the official Bitwarden installation but you might get support on the Bitwarden subreddit, or check out the third party community spaces for assistance.

Uploading: Sin título-2.jpg…
Entonces el mio no es oficial?

The one you mentioned above is a third party deployment, the official deployments are available on the Bitwarden website:

ok. Gracias. Pero para synology supongo que tambien habra imagen para docker

Entonces para synology no habria implementacion oficial?