How do I upload files?

I’m a premium member and want to upload our passports for storage. I can’t seem to figure out how to do it. I assume it’s done in my vault somewhere.

It’s probably staring right at me.

1 Like

https://help.bitwarden.com/article/attachments/

Boy I must be missing something because I don’t see any option button in my vault. I can add an item but still don’t see any option for uploading or which item type I should select.

edit: Oh wait you have to select Bitwarden web vault first. I thought it was part of the Chrome extension. It wasn’t obvious to me at first.

You can add attachments in the browser extension : edit an existing item, scroll down to “attachments” (I have the French locale where it says “Pièce jointe”) under “Folder” and before “Notes”.
There you can upload attachments :slight_smile:

BTW this is written in the docs link you posted, under “Other applications” :wink:

1 Like

Thanks, that’s easy. I knew it was right in front me.

1 Like

Can you upload files from the app? the bitwarden help isn’t clear.

Not sure. This post was several years ago and I’m not sure I even remember it.

Maybe this from Bitwarden?

Hi @MartinG9 and welcome to the community :tada:

All the information around attachments can be found here.

On the help site, you can select the client/app you are looking for instructions.

We use attachments, as all files being uploaded belong to an item. Once you have created and saved an item, you can attach a file to it.

I hope that helps.

Kind regards,
Daniel

@MartinG9 Welcome to the forum!

If you have a Premium subscription, you can add file attachments to your vault items:

There is also a (premium) feature that allows you to temporarily store files and share secure links to the file with others:

1 Like

The Manual was so confusing like we’re living in 1990. I mean how hard to make instructions using pictures on how to do things ?

I have been looking for the “option” section in the manual for 30minutes in the vault. Now by mistake after going through everything it was the 3 dots behind my created login item.

If they just made an instruction with pictures this would have been so much easier and people wouldnt be here asking for this!

Please add some instructed pictures with arrows in this …why not ?

thankyou anyway… just putting the clarification here for anyone who is confused as I was in the future.