How do I find the URI for an Android app?

I have an Android app that, for some reason, Bitwarden does not ask me to save the credentials when I login so I am trying to manually add it. How do I find the app’s URI?

From other apps, I suspect it must start with “android://com…” but can’t figure out the rest.

1 Like

Hello Gregory - welcome!

Lower down on this Bitwarden help page with the information you are looking for, I believe:

Another method - at least on my phone - is to go to the app settings, choose the app in question and then tap on the (i) in the top right corner:

2 Likes

I tried the first suggestion in the article and it seems to be working for me now. Thank you.

I wish my phone did that. It would make it so easy. Thank you for the suggestion. Unfortunately, my App Info page doesn’t have the same info you show. Fortunately, I was able to use the article the other poster suggested to guess it.

1 Like

Simultaneous to posting here, I had reached out to Bitwarden about this. They suggested the following:
An easy way to obtain the proper URI for an Android app is to visit the app’s page in the Google Play Store, tap the share button, and paste the copied link somewhere you can read it. The link will look like https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.twitter.android. The value after id= is your URI, in this case com.twitter.android.

It worked great for me, too.

2 Likes

App Manager - Android package manager | F-Droid - Free and Open Source Android App Repository also provides this ability.