Heads up: Chrome extension disappeared from browser completely after Chrome update

This morning when I opened Chrome on my desktop, the Bitwarden extension was gone - not pinned to the navigation bar, not listed in the Extension manager - just gone. I had to re-install the extension from the website.
I recall that Chrome pushed an update to my desktop yesterday, but didn’t notice any problems with the extension before shutting down last night. When I just went to check my Chrome version to post it here, I found that the browser was pushing another update, so perhaps a defective version yesterday, or defective Chrome install was the issue. I am now on Chrome Version 113.0.5672.94 (Official Build) (64-bit)…or at least will be when I shut down and relaunch the browser as instructed. Don’t know what the version that was pushed yesterday.

I’m also on Chrome Version 113.0.5672.94 (Official Build) (64-bit) and the extension has not disappeared so far (touch wood).

Got the version yesterday too, Bitwarden worked. Either you were unlucky, or I have been lucky for once :grinning:

Hello @ExDC and welcome to the community,

Very curious with your report, I haven’t experienced this personally myself after updating Chrome. Though it appears at least there has been one other report on reddit with a similar issue. So there very well may be something further going on.

Thanks. the reddit report is interesting. I am suspicious that in my case it was a bad update from Chrome and not a Bitwarden issue, since there was a second Chrome update pushed 24 hours later, and my redownloaded and reinstalled extension did not get zapped again.

Same issue here. I installed Bitwarden last night and today I am missing the Chrome browser extension completely as well as ALL my passwords in Chrome Password Manager.

@cfang This explanation is complicated, but I’m trying to go step by step. You describe two separate problems - losing your passwords from both Bitwarden and Chrome/Google Password Manager, and the extension disappearing. Let’s get the passwords back first, if possible. I’m not sure how far you got with the Bitwarden installation, but your Bitwarden vault with everything you synced to Bitwarden should be available at bitwarden.com using your Master password, even without the extension. So you probably (hopefully) haven’t lost your passwords. Then you can use the export tool to 1) make a backup! and 2) export that backup back to your Google Password Manager, which I think is what you’re calling the Chrome password manager, if you have lost them there. But first since the Google/Chrome password manager can be accessed from the webpage passwords.google.com, see if the passwords are still on the webpage. And there are import and export tools there as well, that will allow you to import the Bitwarden data you’ve exported. On the other hand, if you can see your passwords on the Google webpage, but not in the Bitwarden vault, use the Google export tools to save a back up from the Google Password Manager, and if the Bitwarden vault is empty, import it there. Once all that’s done, empty your cache in Chrome, make sure it is updated, make sure the Bitwarden extension is REMOVED (from the Chrome Manage Extensions page), not just deactivated, shut down Chrome, reopen, and reinstall the Bitwarden extension. If it still misbehaves, it may help to back up your Chrome settings, and uninstall and reinstall Chrome…THEN try reinstalling the Bitwarden extension. At least you have the passwords backup to reinstall. HTH.

Thank you your response.

To be clear, all my passwords are missing in both Google Passwords and Bitwarden.

I logged out of Bitwarden and logged back in with master password and still nothing is in my Bitwarden vault except for the Bitwarden account password.

I cleared cache in Chrome, logged out, logged back in and there are no passwords except the bitwarden account password and my newly made community account password.

I already tried to export before posting here, but there is nothing to export except those two passwords. I’ve done exports from Password Manager before so I do know how to do it and I have a previous backup but it is 2 months old and I’d like to try to recover some new important passwords.

I am unable to remove the Bitwarden extension because it is no longer shown in Chrome extensions.

Thanks again

Looks like you’ll be getting more effective assistance in your other thread - which I’ll watch to learn too!
L

Sorry, but I don’t really know how find my way around forums.

After a bit of poking around I found it.

I appreciate any help I can get!