Has anyone figured out how to get Bitwarden to work with the USAA website?
They use a unique form field generator for both the User ID and Password fields. Currently, both fields start with “usaa-form-v5-10-1-input-”. I tried using RegEx in Bitwarden’s Custom Fields but I am unable to distinguish the User ID field from the Password field since they both start with that same field name followed by a randomly generated sequence of characters. I tried adding two Custom Fields with the same RegEx, hoping Bitwarden would fill the first form field with my first Custom Field entry and the second with my second. Bitwarden, however, fills both form fields with the first Custom Field entry.
When you use the right-click context menu to “Copy custom field name”, you will get the input field
id value, which as you noted, has the form
usaa-form-v5-10-1-input-y7598elcdbc and will not be helpful. However, if you examine the HTML source code (e.g., using Inspect in the right-click context menu in Chrome), you will find that the input field also has a
name parameter that can be used for custom field matching. In the case of the “Online ID” field, the
memberId, and in the case of the password field, the
name is simply
I have verified that in a Chrome browser, it works with linked custom fields named
password linked to the Username and Password, respectively. You may have to manually trigger a second auto-fill (using the
Ctrl+Shift+L keyboard shortcut) to fill the password field after clicking “Next”.
Great explanation. I got it to work. Thanks, grb!