Filter credentials

Hey all,

I’m new to BW. I have been using LastPass for 2 years now. I just started using BW.

My question is:

For a certain domain I have more than 10 logins and in LastPass, if I start typing a user name in its input box LastPass will filter the list and just suggest the matching credentials for me to use. That’s missing in BW by default. Is there a way for me to enable it or that feature is not there in BW at all?

Thank you

Hi,

I’m not exactly sure if I understand you correctly… What you describe is, when you want to log in to a website, right? - If yes, then:

I think, there is no such function in Bitwarden. (not that I’m aware of) But do you use Auto-fill? Either for one login or more logins - the usual way would be with Auto-fill, I think (and when you have more than one login to a website, you can choose which login you want to use then)… and there are various “methods” of Auto-fill. See here for more info on that: Auto-fill Logins in Browser Extensions | Bitwarden Help Center

And…
For Android: Auto-fill Logins on Android | Bitwarden Help Center
For iOS: Auto-fill Logins on iOS | Bitwarden Help Center

Hey,

Yes I’m talking about the autofill option.

In the above image, there are 2 credentials. In LastPass, if I start to type “se” it filters and shows me only what is relevant to what I typed. In this case, it will just show “SecurePerson1”.

Is there a way to achieve this in BW?

No, there is not.

The closest you can do is to open the extension window, search for the login you want, click the search result, and then click the Auto-fill button.

Yeah.

So, Is it possible to add that to BW’s development pipeline?

… or maybe going through Ctrl + Shift + L until the desired login is used could be faster?