False alarm [Was: Account hacked! How do I reach Bitwarden?]

I first noticed that I couldn’t do anything in Bitwarden - meaning that if I clicked on something, it didn’t respond. I then noticed that my initials in the upper right hand corner, were wrong. It wasn’t my initials. I used my fingerprint to open the app and that did work, but when it didn’t work, I uninstalled and reinstalled the app. Now I can’t get in at all with my email address, because the master password was changed. I used a challenging master password in the first place, but it seems that someone hacked it. Please help. I have lost faith in Bitwarden! I can’t even seem to reach them.

Have you tried logging in to the web vault at https://vault.Bitwarden.com? You can test to see if your master password really was changed by attempting to authenticate there.

2 Likes

To answer the question in your topic title: The easiest way to contact Bitwarden is using their contact form.

A few questions:

1. Have you checked your email inbox and junk folder to see if you received any notification from <[email protected]> stating that “Your Bitwarden account was just logged into from a new device.”

2. Did you have 2FA set up for your Bitwarden login, and if so, what type of 2FA method were you using?

3. Do you have multiple Bitwarden accounts?

4. Is there any possibility than any other individual (known to you or unknown) may have had access to a device on which you use Bitwarden?

5. Do you have a backup of your vault data?

Thank you so very much! Somehow, I was able to get into my account that way. I again, uninstalled and reinstalled the app afterwards and now the app is working again. I don’t know why it wasn’t working earlier. Last night, if I clicked on something, there was no response. Today, it wasn’t working at all. Now all is good, but I have no idea what went wrong.

I am very grateful for your assistance, which was also provided so quickly! Thank you.

Glad you weren’t hacked after all!

Any chance you changed your keyboard on Android? It likes to ‘auto-correct’ some characters, which has been the bane of many users here.

Network connectivity issues can sometimes lead to this issue, as well. That could be another cause. Sometimes switching between wifi/cellular data/VPN networks can isolate this.

Glad it’s all working again.

I took the liberty of revising the topic title to better reflect the outcome.