Enforcing TOTP / Google authenticator for all users

I am setting up a Bitwarden account for our team.

Is there an option to enforce TOTP based authenticator like Google Authenticator for all users?

I am getting option only for Duo Mobile which is something our organization does not want to adopt.

Hi @miohtama and welcome to the community forums :tada:

You’ll likely want to have a look at the Enterprise policies, namely Require two-step login.

General information around two-step login methods can be found here

Hope that helps.

Kind regards,
Daniel

The answer is Bitwarden does not support Google Authenticator or TOPT. As I do not want an additional Duo setup, I am looking an alternative password manager for our organisation.

HI @miohtama,

I’m sorry to hear that, but I’d like to clarify something as I think that might have been misunderstood, before you make your final decision.

Bitwarden, very well does support several 2nd factor methods to authenticate.

• The one method specfically mentioned for teams and enterprises is Duo, which is enforced organization-wide
    → All users have to use Duo (all members including owner and admins)

• The Two step login policy I mentioned is enforced on all members of an organization, except owner and admins which would need to set-up a 2nd factor manually.
    → All users have to use a 2nd factor, which can be any method we support (free or premium)
    → Owners and admins will have to set-up 2FA manually, but can also choose to use any 2FA method we support

I hope this clear things up a bit, but please don’t hesitate to ask if you have any follow up questions.

Kind regards,
Daniel