Enable/disable individual biometic options for unlock

Feature: biometric unlock options

Add a feature that allows you to choose biometric unlock options individually. So you can choose just fingerprint, or just face ID (facial recognition), or both. As of right now on the android app, I can choose biometrics as a whole to be enabled or disabled.

Facial recognition is known to have a much higher False acceptance rate.
While I want the convenience of facial recognition unlock for my phone, I don’t want this option to unlock my bitwarden vault.

Hi @bassilap - welcome!

This is already a feature available in the Bitwarden app for Android. When prompted to provide your biometrics, you can click on the Thumbprint or Face icons to choose which one you want (assuming both are enabled on your device).

Here is a photo of the screen on my Android 11 phone so you can see what I mean:

biometrics

Hi,

You misunderstand my request.
I want an option in the settings where I can select which biometric options I want available to unlock my vault.

This would look like a setting that allows me to disable facial recognition as an option but keep using fingerprint or vice versa.

OK, so what you are asking for is an option to DISABLE different types of biometric logins, not switch between them. Got it.

I have updated your request title to make this clear - I hope you don’t mind.

Yup! That’s a better way to phrase it. Don’t mind at all.

1 Like

I second this request. I don’t trust facial recognition all the data I have in Bitwarden. But I do trust the fingerprint sensor. Most banking apps I use allow only fingerprint login (they don’t have a switch to facial) and I want to set Bitwarden to that level of security as well.