Enable Chat for the Community Forums?

Hello there :wave:

I am new to this forum, and am glad to see you guys using the open source Discourse platform for your community :smile_cat:

I know that chat was recently added into Discourse forums and was wondering if the admins have plans on enabling chat here on this community?

You should be able to turn on the Chat feature in your account preferences.

1 Like

That could be right. Its possible the site has it enabled only for certain group members? If that’s the case, I guess I would like to see chat open to anyone with a set trust level or higher.

Hey there, once you enable it in your preferences you should be able to join, it is an open community chat: https://community.bitwarden.com/chat

1 Like

Thanks, I dont see it in my preferences atm. The link you sent sends me to the landing page of this community.

Community members have been joining, do you see it at the bottom of the left side once you access your preferences?

1 Like

Nope, I do not :thinking:

It could be possible that I am not a high enough trust level yet as I just joined.

Let me have a look, 1 sec.

1 Like

I now have it in my preferences, not sure if you did anything or I just bumped in trust level. Either way, I am in :smile:

Feel free to close or delete this topic

1 Like

Hadn’t changed anything on my end yet, so glad it worked :+1:

1 Like

Glad to hear it’s working. Out of curiousity, would you mind checking if the original link that I sent you works for you now? I had attempted to customize the URL to take you straight to the chat preferences for your account.

1 Like

It does work now :+1:

Thanks!