Empty list after logging in a premium account

Hi all,

I think I encounter a bug when logging in to the web vault of Bitwarden (vault.bitwarden.com).

I have a free Bitwarden account myself, but I’m invited for (and have accepted) the vault of the company I work for. Despite that I get an empty list when I log in to the web vault. (see attached screenshot). What I see is an empty list (standard is selected All vaults and All items and the invitation on the right side to join Premium.

When I refresh the browser page, but then everything is fine again; I see the items, I see my company’s vault and the invitation for a Premium account has dissappeared.

Am I maybe missing something or is this really a bug?

Thanks in advance,

Allan

@allanyip Welcome to the forum!

Is this behavior reproducible (i.e., does it happen every time that you log in to the web vault?)?

I have sometimes encountered the described behavior on vault login recently. It seems to occur intermittently. On all occasions I have observed the behavior, it resolves (i.e the item list populates) when I repeat the vault login.

Hi grb,

Not everytime, seems like it happens after I’ve started up the computer and go to the web vault. As if it has something to do with the cookies or corrupt sessions.

Thanks,

Allan

If this behavior is at least somewhat reproducible (i.e., if it always happens again after less than ~10 computer reboots, or so), then you should consider filing a bug report (“New Issue”) on GitHub.

Ok thanks grb,

I’ll monitor it so that I have some more information on the bug and then I’ll file a bug report report.

Thanks for helping!

Allan

1 Like

I get this behavior about 10% of my sign ins as well. To summarize relevant details:

• Windows 11 64bit, Chrome latest
  • Happens on https://vault.bitwarden.com
  • All vaults missing and no items appear, until I F5-refresh and sign in once more (then it 100% will work again)
  • The empty vault screen prompts me to open my Chrome Developer Tools and I will see amongst others some CSP issues noted (will try to update my post later with details if I see it occur again)
  • Have some browser extensions… but my colleague without any extensions also experiences this behavior
  • I have the Bitwarden browser extension and Desktop app installed, but my colleague who has the same syptoms sometimes has neither of those installed
  • I’m on a premium account, and have access to my “real” organization, and one free organization for personal use and sandbox experiments
  • Different from OP, I have no pending invite or anything, it’s just an account that’s been part of a regular organization for some time now

Hope these extra details help someone. If I get some more logs I will add them later.

Anybody posting in this community forum thread should also share their observations on the official bug report thread: