Docker reverse proxy

Hi, iI am me using a Nginx reverse proxy and docker and trying to install bitwarden. I looked through this forum and found info about putting an override file in the docker directory but there does not seem to be a docker directory under dwdata.

I installed telling it to use Lets Encrypt and got the following error.

docker: Error response from daemon: driver failed programming external connectivity on endpoint certbot (2f12ae99bba1eceb50a25f3f0ebe83c6b8b642719bbcc5b1efd0477112fc03a6): Bind for 0.0.0.0:80 failed: port is already allocated.

Which makes sense as my reverse proxy is using this port, which is where the docker override comes in.

My docker-compose for a reverse proxy is at GitHub - funkytwig/nginx-proxy: nginx proxy for virtual hosts with lets-encrips

Any help greatly appreciated.
Ben

1 Like

Hi, not really an answer but if you are looking to use a reverse proxy and docker and you are open to use another alternative, I have found Traefik works great here. I have now Bitwarden + Letscrypt + Traefik working together in a docker configuration

I have one, its where to put the docker overide file I am trying to work out.

Real shame, i was really hoping to give bitwarden a go, guess I stick with KeepPass. Not happy to use a password manager unless I self host.

Hello @funkytwig,
I have a working example for you :slight_smile:.

There is one slight difference. The nginx and dockergen are not spited, but that is an easy task.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

PS: I just realized this post is pretty old, hope you will give this a try.