Do i need to generate a new Two-step Login Recovery Code

When I opened my account I generated a Bitwarden two-step login recovery code and have that stored in a safe location. However since then I have changed my master password (and know what it is) I was just wondering if I now need to generate a new Bitwarden two-step login recovery code as I have a new master password?
Does the Bitwarden two-step login recovery code change as a result of a master password change?
Cheers

Good question. @tgreer: ?

Dear BW-MoshiachNow,

As far as i know, if you changed your master master password and you have generated a Two-step Login recovery code before hand then normally your Two-step Login recovery code should NOT have been affected in any way shape or form. But as you seem to be unsure, what i would recommend you do is generated a new Two-step Login recovery code, so you can be assured that the recovery code you have on hand would then be an accurate and up to date recovery code.

With Kind Regard,
Ebay,

For more information about Recovery Codes press here.
For more information about Two-step Login press here.
For more information about what type of Two-step Login methods there are press here.

Ps. if you want to help bitwarden a bit you can always become a premium bitwarden user and get the coolest bitwarden features available to you!

1 Like

@anon93789752 is right, the recovery code stays the same.