Configurable Password Reveal Timeout

Feature name

• Configurable Password Reveal Timeout

Feature function

• What will this feature do differently?
    – Add a configurable timeout for the password reveal, such as a drop down of 10s-60s
  • What benefits will this feature bring?
    – Increased password safety

Clicking the ‘eye’ icon to reveal a password currently toggles the visibility semi-permanently (until the active in-app tab is changed or app is closed and reopened).
When reading the password for off-device usage, a distracted user (such as myself) might forget to actively hide the password again and instead alt-tab their way to another application. Subsequently, It is not hard to see the situation where one might accidentally resurface the bitwarden app such as during a screen sharing session or when a colleague is looking over the shoulder. Since the password reveal is still active, the other person is able to see the revealed password, which is not optimal.

If a user instead uses the requested feature, the password would automatically be concealed again after some configurable timeout, helping to remedy the above use case.

The ‘eye’ could change icon to indicate the timeout remaining for increased UX.

The feature request tag could also be app:all , depending on feature scope (I do not think this is equally a big issue in other app formats)