Color-code password display

Currently passwords are shown in monopsaced font to help with readability, however, sometimes certain characters can still be a bit hard to determine. Color-code each character so it is easier to read. For example:

• Letters: black
  • Numbers: red
  • Special: blue

GitHub issue: Colorize passwords when viewing · Issue #165 · bitwarden/web · GitHub

This issue just caused the first failure on the “Family LastPass migration” project :wink:

Other half couldn’t tell the difference between 0Oo for a login & pointed out that LastPass used to make it very clear. This is the first issue in approx 4 months since we migrated over so not doing too badly but would be great to get something added to make it clearer.

Would love to see this as well. It makes it really hard to type a password when you can’t tell the differences between the number 0 and the letter O.

i just created a forum account to vote for this issue. i have also been struggling with some passwords after leaving lastpass, i really got used to having the color coding. i hope this is still being worked on.

How about also for upper and lower case?
For uppercase I and lowecase l

There is already a setting for disabling ambiguous characters such as those.

1 Like

Should be available next version.

3 Likes