Cloud Backup Option

I love the new Bitwarden 2FA app that was just released. The only issue is the lack of cloud backup. Bitwarden should keep the option of a fully offline mode, where you can backup by manually exporting. But they should also implement the option to add an end-to-end encrypted iCloud integration like the 2FAS app or Raivo 2FA app on iOS.

So that it syncs automatically and the user doesn’t need to worry about manually backing up the 2FA codes themselves.

1 Like

This is currently planned! Please take a look at Bitwarden just launched a new authenticator app. Here’s what it means to users. | Bitwarden Blog for more information :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply. I definitely will take a look. Thanks for you and your teams amazing work!

1 Like

This is great news! I’ll be switching over from Authy now =) thank you.

1 Like

This is a bit misleading. Yes, mobile devices will back the app up via cloud backups but the 2FA codes themselves are not backed up via iCloud. I’ve just found this out the hard way after getting a new phone and realising the 2FA code for Bitwarden was stored in the Bitwarden app, which doesn’t back up to iCloud. It meant I had to completely delete and restore my account. I’ve switched over to 2FA Authenticator for this very reason. Can you let us know when you implement true iCloud backups, please?

1 Like

Thanks for posting @csmobro and I hope you enjoy your time here!