Clear clipboard automatically after copy and paste

I am not a programmer so forgive my language. Please program Bitwarden to erase the clip board after a user copy & pastes a password or username.

I have been using Keepass for 7 years and have been looking at Bitwarden as an alternative. My company is offering LastPass Premium for free to its employees but I do not want to use LastPass. I would even pay for the Bitwarden Premium if it would erase the clip board.

this feature is a quickwin for security. After 1 min if clipboard = password than clibboard= “” :slight_smile:

Or even a setup timer in settings

Looks like they set it up… Not sure how long its been in the settings buts its there under settings > options > clear clipboard , set timer.

thanks, Bitwarden

1 Like

This is something KeePassXC does.
It is a bit annoying, especially if you paste repeatedly or in the case of KeePassXC need to type in a username before pasting.

Maybe auto delete after interval?

Edit:

+1 Thanks

I still want to clear keyboard not just after timer, but after paste. Because when I generate the new password and won’t save it in time, I will lose it.

Wanted to creater the same feature request, but this is exactly what i wanted to write too.
I even created a mock-UI for this:

If you click the key with the red “1” then the password is copied to the clipboard but is removed from it after “1” insert.
This is a really good improvement on security. Most of the times a user wants to fill in the password one time after copied.

1 Like

This seems like a feature that the system would handle, because when you use ‘paste’ it is usually in another app, although I am not entirely sure. It would be a great feature to have if it is possible to implement.

Just looked it up, at least for browsers there is a workingdraft for this:

https://www.w3.org/TR/clipboard-apis/#override-paste

Though i’m not 100% sure if this would be working the same for the browser addons.

The problem is when you have things like the “LG Clip Tray”

Currently I have a Tasker task that copies 15 cat emojis into the clipboard after the “screen off” event.

Do NOT do this. This is a UX nightmare. If implemented, at least make it opt-in.

1 Like