Can't log in

i am the tech guy for a small rural group. qualifications: a 21.5 inch mid 2011 iMac and internet access. i keeps a record of my spouses log creds in her own vault that she doesn’t use cause she doesn’t care if she gets locked out, one for a neighbor and one for my dad, 87
i use my personal vault often and it works fine
i use chrome incognito and firefox private browsing. i do not use extensions, i open the vault in a tab and copy and paste to other tabs
when i log in to any other bitwarden account, i get an error that the user name or password is incorrect. i used to log in a few months ago but have neglected my duties for a few months.
any thoughts? i almost feel a program thinks my most active account is the only legit account. what additional info should i give?
I just changed the vault password on my account a few days ago and had a few issues logging in to that account. maybe i need to close and quit my browsers and try again. i’ll do that now and see if that solves the issue.

Hi @kal - sorry to hear about your login issues. What web URL are you using to log into the accounts? Is it https://vault.bitwarden.com?

bitwarden.com :grinning:

looks like i just got into my spouses. when i use the vault.bitwarden address, the logo in my personal vualt turns from grey to blue. but the problem with hers was that i changed the password for her vault in my vault, but not in her vault account. luckily, i saved the old password and tried it and it worked, sorry for my error,
now i’ll try some others using vault.bitwarden

i got into my neighbor’s account. it says: Verify your account’s email address to unlock access to all features. with a button that says ‘email’
they want me to sign in to his email and verify it without the password? he doesn’t have a computer, but i think he has access to his email on his phone, it’s late, so i’ll check with him tomorrow. i can see why bitwarden might think something’s fishy, i was hoping for less of this for-your-own-good type of safety nets. i would like the luxury of abandoning his bitwarden for a few months without this.
i guess it’s time to self host my stuff and use keepassXC in addition to bitwarden. i’ll try some other account and see what happens

I had his email creds in my account too, so i got in.
the oly one i can’t get in is my dad’s, but i probably only had some banking info. what ever it was, no super big loss.
i guess i need to copy recovery phrases for the others, that was close.

Yesteray, I had the same issue on Brave extension. I still can’t login in my account via Brave extension and website - message: access is dennied, please contact customer support. However, Edge extension and mobile app are OK (for login).

I try to create an free account to import my backup but still errored.

Hey there! For support with that error message, it is usually resolved by changing networks or VPN connections, read more here, or reach out to our support team directly at Get in Touch | Bitwarden