Cannot access web vault after adding yubikey variables

Hello,

I recently setup a self-hosted instance of Bitwarden using the official documentation. Everything is working great, except for my yubikey.

Whenever I add the variables (retrieved from Yubico API key signup) to my global.override.env file, I receive a “failed to fetch” error when trying to access my web vault. I can still lock/unlock and login/logout from the iOS app and Chrome extension, but cannot get into my vault. Since I cannot access my vault, I cannot “complete” the yubikey setup to add the key to my account.

Attempting to add the yubikey without configuring the variables leads to a “Key1 is invalid” error from the vault.

I tried setting up the yubikey with my non-self-hosted bitwarden account and it works fine, accepts my key and logging in with it via the app and my web vault functions normally.

Any ideas as to why I am unable to configure this properly for my self-hosted instance?

Any help is much appreciated!

Hi @claussm! Welcome!

If you’re still having issues, please don’t hesitate to reach out at bitwarden.com/conact - we’re happy to help troubleshoot!

I am still having issues. I will reach out there to see about a solution. Thanks!

1 Like

To make a long story short, I was able to get it working!

The trick was running ./bitwarden.sh restart instead of ./bitwarden.sh rebuild after editing the .env.

Thanks to the support team who put me on the right path!

1 Like