Browser extension - Self hosted url - Automatic deployed - SCCM

Hi

I’m trying to deploy Bitwarden to our users with browser extensions. but I can’t figure out how to set up the self hostet enviroment url.

I have read the documentation and found this line
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Edge\3rdparty\extensions\jbkfoedolllekgbhcbcoahefnbanhhlh\policy\environment

• Value name: base
  • Value type: REG_SZ
  • Value data: Your server’s configured domain

I found it here :
Deploy Clients Centrally | Bitwarden Help Center

Has anyone had the same issue ?

1 Like

Hi @thobru, welcome to community! :wave:

You would want to put your self-hosted environment URL in the Value data field, like you showed in the example “Your server’s configured domain”

I hope this helps, but if not, could you please elaborate on where you’re having trouble? Thanks in advance!

Hey sj
We’re having the same issue and posted our questions here: Pre-configure extension after the update that added the region setting - Ask the Community / Password Manager - Bitwarden Community Forums

Anyhow, we did the configuration and it will simply not work. We have to chose self-hosted and in the next window it says “Settings have been change” (or something like that).

After we click the click-here-button our value/fqdn is correctly filled in correctly without https:// (e.g. vault.domain.com). Since we’re in a virtual desktop environment this would have to be done after every login. So, is there a solution for that issue?

BR
mamu