Blacklist: disable Bitwarden extension entirely for specific sites

Similar to the request to disable autofill:

https://community.bitwarden.com/t/disable-autofill-on-page-load-option-for-specific-logins/22

But I think a blacklist where Bitwarden won’t operate, at all, on specific sites would help when dealing with issues such as the PayPal login problems.

To clarify, even if I’m not using autofill, something about BW seems to interfere with PayPal. Currently I have to disable the extension, login to PayPal, then re-enable it.

Since BW works great with most sites, being able to maintain a small blacklist of sites it ignores entirely would be nice. As in it doesn’t scan, doesn’t autofill, so as far as the site is concerned it doesn’t even exist.

Seems like a reasonable way to avoid the moving target of all the “Bitwarden doesn’t work/breaks site X/Y/Z” too.

I am out of votes, but being able to completely disable Bitwarden on specific sites would be very useful.

Device? OS? Browser?

Windows 10 20H2, Google Chrome:
Since a long time (months) I do not see any issue when trying to log into PayPal.

I vote for this, it is quite annoying to have to deny bitwarden everytime I check my online banking, which I don’t want to store.
Web extension, Chrome, Win11.

A blacklist feature is already available in Bitwarden, or are you guys asking for something different?

2 Likes

That would be great to have this feature in the Android app also, specifically to disable BW to complete on some other apps :slight_smile:

As mentioned here (*) to get this done just set the “Match detection option” of the relevant URI to “Never”:

(*) Using URIs | Bitwarden Help Center

A blacklist feature is already available…

However, the exclude domains definitely does not match this request. Personally I would like to have this feature because I’m developing a website and I don’t want to have bitwarden popping up and disturbing me when I’m logging in there. Therefore I would like to disable it for localhost (with strict match) but not for localhost:7080 as I have an admin panel there.

The “Auto-fill Blocked URIs” sounds like the correct feature, but it hasn’t been implemented to the firefox extension at least. (according to the linked site)

This feature request is several years old… but I would like to add to this discussion. I’ve found that the latest version of BitWarden Client (v6.X, chrome) causes significant slowdown on some web applications. I hope the BW team fixes the performance issue, but a great additional solution is to allow blocking BW from running on a site at all. The extension has the ability to opt-in to domains (site access in the extension manager). An opt-out option with be a massive enhancement.

1 Like

Yeah, same problem here. It slows storybook down a lot and even breaks style of some components

1 Like