Bitwarden on Firefox keeps logging/timing out

Hello,

A bit of an annoying issue I’m dealing with.

I have the Bitwarden plug-in for Firefox and have used it a long time without incident. Lately (in the last few weeks, or last month or two) it’s been logging out virtually every time I leave my computer for awhile, forcing me to re-enter my password to access my vault. However, I have it set to only lock when I restart the browser, and I rarely restart my browser - or my computer for that matter (Macbook M1 Pro).

I was on Firefox this morning, had to log in to the plug-in first thing this morning. And I just came home from work, opened the computer to the same browser, and I have to enter my password again. What’s the issue? Is it possibly as simple as removing and reinstalling the plug-in?

Thank you in advance for your guidance.

2 Likes

Hello Kyle and welcome to the community!

This appears to be a known issue, and there doesn’t seem to be a workaround. Fortunately, BW people have experienced this internally and seem to have prioritized this bug.

Meanwhile, can you use the “Login with device” feature? Or may be “Unlock with biometrics” (just in case, my Windows FF extension never logs me out because I have this enabled)?

Hello! Thank you for the response. Glad to hear that these folks are working on it.

I’ll check out those other options you suggested in the meantime. I have BW on my iphone, so perhaps I can make that work.

Anxiously awaiting this fix myself :slight_smile:

1 Like

Still an issue for me.

I reverted to a previous version of Bitwarden and have had no issues with logouts since (24hrs+) - had to go back to BW v2024.3.1 as x.4.1 would not let me login to the plugin for some reason.

Successfully running on
Win: 11 23H2
Fx: 126.0.1
BW: 2024.3.1

Awaiting the fix. Thx

1 Like

This still occurs for me on Firefox. No issue with other browsers

Still an issue for me as well.

Same here, it’s so annoying. Reinstall doesn’t fix it.

+1. Tried uninstalling/reinstalling the BW add-on, login w password, login with biometric, login w app… all the same - BW logs out almost every day.

I do have it installed on Firefox on a different PC with no issue, and on Chrome with no issue. The issue PC is running Win11 (not sure that means anything) but it’s the real differentiator between machines.

Same issue on MacBook Air M1 here, using Firefox. Have had for a while and getting mighty annoyed. I’ve been tolerating it, but just now it didn’t just ask me to type the password to get it, it even needed me to type the code from my authenticator. Now it has crossed a line and I want to uninstall the whole thing, or throw my MacBook on the sea. This is not an issue on any of my other devices (android, windows and arch Linux), just on the damn MacBook. I like the device, but this issue is making me hate using it, as I need bitwarden everytime I use the device.

It seems, there will be a fix this week. (see the GitHub-link, @Neuron5569 posted some time ago: #2 - recent posts there…)

2 Likes

Looks like we are still a few days out on the final fix based on the Github issue.

2024.6.3 is available in the FF store now.

2 Likes