Bitwarden: Missing features from LastPass

I am loving Bitwarden, but there are some features from LastPass that I am missing. Are they not available?

• When changing a password, offer to update the current saved password
  • When opening the vault and choosing a log-in for the current website, the pop-up does not go away automatically
  • Disable the badge showing the number of matching logins for the current site

Thank you! :slight_smile:

No thank you, that is a very useful feature.

Give people the option to turn it off if they dislike it? No problem, but it should be on unless someone dislikes it enough to turn it off.

2 Likes

I’m seeing this posted often but it has me wondering how are you changing passwords? Do you not open the extension to generate a new password?

I’m not saying to completely disable it, but give us the option to turn it off. BTW - what is it that’s useful about this feature to you?

1 Like

Not always. With LastPass, and even Chrome’s own password manager, they will notice when you’ve changed a password for a saved site and offer to update it. Bitwarden does not seem to do that.

1 Like

Do you not generate a random password for every account?

I use the way Bitwarden shows in their intro video, https://youtu.be/J_z4VqERVkQ?t=98 (starts at 1:38)

You’ll need to open the extension to generate a random password so why not do everything within the extension? When I use to use LastPass it would not always pick up the password change and I had to go back and fix it, I found that more annoying. The Bitwarden way seems more straightforward and less likely to mess up.

Sometimes I like to generate and type in the new password myself. But even if I generate it within the extension, it’s more fiddly than the extension recognising I’ve changed the password and offering to update it.

1 Like

If more than one person (like a user and his/her SO) use the same Bitwarden-account some domains (like Google) appear more than once. There are even more items if you use your Bitwarden account as a backup for both kids and parents: image. A number higher than 1 gives you a warning not to just press Ctrl+Shift+L and hit Enter to log in. And a badge showing imagetells you that you perhaps should check for duplicates.

2 Likes

I see. Thanks for clarifying. I do not use it like that so was curious to know why this would be useful.

1 Like